Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 2: The Story Behind My Blog Name

When hubbs and I moved back to Houston from Chicago, I was really disappointed to find a dearth of gluten free resources and restaurants here. So, I of course, got online and started to see what I could find out there. Seeing as there wasn't much, we just experimented (aka went out to eat a lot, hehe) always asking restaurants if they had gluten free menus or they could accommodate gluten free diners. As a result, I started to discover all kinds of restaurants and stores that had gluten free products and menu items. I reviewed them on the website Yelp and created a list "Gluten Free in the 713," of all my finds. After a while, I thought it would be fun to share the reviews in a broader forum and share my recipes and impressions of great gluten free products as well. Thus, glutenfreeinthe713.blogspot.com was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment