Chocolate Peanut Butter Bird's Nests (gluten free)
*Makes three large nests or 5 or 6 small ones
- 11 oz chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 5 oz gluten free pretzels (I used Glutino brand - if you use the regular shape I would break them up)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- three bowls and wax paper (for large nests) OR
- a cookie sheet covered in wax paper (for small nests)
- Egg shaped gluten free candies (m&m's, jellie beans, but NOT robin's egg's)
- Marshmallow Peeps are optional
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat in 15-20 second intervals until melted together.
- Add your pretzels to the peanut butter and chocolate mixture and stir until the pretzels are well coated.
- If you are making the large nests, spoon the mixture into three wax paper lined cereal bowl and press into a nest shape with a spoon or your fingers
and then lick immediately.
- If you are making the small nests, simply drop spoon fulls onto the wax paper lined cookie sheet and shape with your hands.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more until well set.
- Remove from the bowls and carefully peel off the wax paper.
- Add candies and voila!!