World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free Of Course)
Makes about 24 large cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs Beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour (I Used 1.25 Cups Rice Flour, .5 Cups Potato Flour, .25 Tapioca Starch)
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 bag Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (12 Oz Size)
- 4 ounces, weight Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Chopped Hazelnuts
Meanwhile, combine gluten free flour and oat flour and stir.
In a small bowl, stir together xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and then add to the flour mixture. Whisk the whole mixture together. Add the chocolate chips and nuts and stir into the flour. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and mix thoroughly (this will take some arm strength and it may seem like there’s not enough liquid but hang in there!).
Using an ice cream scoop, place dough about 1.5 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet (I get 12 cookies to a sheet). Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, remove, and then bake for 15-17 minutes until the cookies look just set. Cool the cookies completely on the cookie sheet.