Hey Y'all! So I'm a little late getting going with this, but I thought it would be a fun change of pace to take part in this 30 Day Blog Challenge I learned about here. I'm already a couple of days behind, but there's plenty of time in class to catch up, lol!
Day One: Introduction, Recent Picture, Fifteen Interesting Facts
This is a recent picture of me and my little peanut Phillip at a friend's first birthday party for her little boy.
My name's Laura, I'm 27 years old and a native of Houston, Texas. With the exception of a two year stint in Chicago, I've lived here my whole life and I love it! I met my wonderful husband of four years, Brian, in college at the University of Houston. I remember he said that when he first saw me in class he thought, "I've never heard such a big voice come out of such a little person." Our first date was at IHOP (I know... so romantic!) where he accidentally poured coffee instead of syrup onto his pancakes. I maintain to this day that he was just so mesmerized by my beauty that he lost his head :) We got married right after college and have been living happily ever after since! We have a sweet puppy named Miss Pitty Pat (she's 13 years old) and just had our first baby Phillip this year (he's six months old). I'm currently a third year law student at the University of Houston.
Fifteen Random Facts About Me:
1. My favorite food is whipped cream, although I'm not sure if that even qualifies as a food.
2. I secretly wish I was a neat freak, but I'm far from it.
3. I love to shop and get dressed up, but 90% of the time I'm wearing running shorts or a juicy tracksuit.
4. I grew up in a family with four kids, so I can't wait to have more so Phillip can have siblings.
5. I heart Family Guy.
6. I hate raisins. Nothing makes me angrier than biting into a delicious piece of carrot cake with raisins in it or eating an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie only to find out that those chocolate chips are actually... raisins.
7. I did ballet at least 20 hours a week in highschool and as a result, I got to leave early everyday!!!
8. I was president of my sorority in college.
9. My favorite color is pink, but I'm always afraid of going overboard with it.
10. I'm a sucker for anything monogrammed.
11. Champagne is my alcoholic drink of choice (no, I'm not high maintenance at all).
12. I have a slight addiction to buying baby clothes. My family likes to give me a hard time that every time they see my son, he's wearing something new.
13. My favorite book of all time is A Little Princess.
14. My favorite part of my day is getting Phillip out of bed and seeing that sweet little smile.
15. I wish I could own my own bakery... but then I'd have to get up super early everday... which I hate.
Now That’s Love by Ree
1 day ago