Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Recipes: Pigs in a Blanket

I made these delicious pigs in a blanket a couple of weeks ago for the first time and they were so yummy that I made them again as an appetizer at our Pumpkin Patch Party.  When I made them for dinner, I used full-sized chicken and apple sausages.  They were great that way, but I think they were even better with the mini sausages I used for the party version.



I made these using Chebe All Purpose mix.  If you've never tried any of the delicious and versatile mixes by Chebe, you are really missing out.  The original Chebe rolls are simply divine.  Hubbs and I have been known to make and devour an entire batch in one sitting :)





Pigs in a Blanket
Adapted from Chebe website.  Makes about 8 large or 20 small pigs in a blanket.


  • One bag Chebe All-Purpose Mix
  • two eggs
  •  1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional... well according to me.  according to Hubbs, not optional)
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 2 tbs oil (canola, vegetable, whatev) 
  • 6 regular size, 16 breakfast links, or 20 mini sausages   


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In the bowl of your mixer, combine all ingredients and mix until just blended.  Dump out onto the counter and knead well for a few minutes until the dough is smooth.  Form dough into a rectangle and divide into enough pieces for all of your sausage (although... if you have some left over, you can make some pretty scrumptious little rolls too... just sayin).  Take the dough, one piece at a time, flatten it with the palm of your hand, lay a sausage on top of it, and roll to cover.  I think I ended up liking the mini sausages better because there was a higher bread to meat ratio, but that's just me.  Place the piggies on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper (makes clean up easy breezy!).  Bake your piggies for 20-25 minutes.  Allow them to cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment