Monday, September 20, 2010

On Being Gluten Free... Sometimes it just sucks.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not about to throw myself a pity party, but as many benefits as there are to following the gluten free diet... sometimes it just sucks:

  • when you see a commercial for Domino's or Shipley's,
  • when you'd kill for a fresh, buttery, flaky croissant,
  • when you're out to dinner and everyone at your table keeps raving about how amazing the bread is,
  • when its time for dessert and yet again, your only option is creme brulee.
The truth is; I actually really like creme brulee. But something about being told that's my only dessert option always gets to me.

There are so many reasons that I should and will stick to eating gluten free. But every once in a while you need to feel sorry for yourself, and I think a little bit of mourning for foods you once loved is a natural and healthy part of the transition to a gluten free lifestyle.

Enough of feeling down though. What to do to make yourself feel better?

Easy. :)You make:



GF Red Velvet Cupcakes
*my recipe - don't worry I'll share soon

OR


GF Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
{image via Gluten Free Girl}
Droool...

OR EVEN


GF Nutella Doughnuts
{image via Tartlette}
*Trust me, this one sounds hard but it isn't and its so worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment