Saturday, July 31, 2010

Restaurant Reviews: Jason's Deli


The other day, a friend of mine asked me what the one thing I missed eating most since cutting gluten out of my diet. It was actually kind of a difficult question to answer. I've come to find that the cakes and brownies I can make gluten free, taste every bit as good as the ones I used to enjoy. And pasta? There are a lot of great brands out there that, again, taste pretty much exactly as I remember. But there are two things that I really do miss. One is regular old, delivery (aka Dominos and Papa John's) pizza. The other? Sandwiches.


Well thanks to Jason's Deli, I know longer have to miss the second one! Today I had the pleasure of eating a sandwich on the new GLUTEN FREE BREAD (!!!) available at Jason's Deli. When I initially read that they were going to have it, I was skeptical. I even called before I went to make sure I didn't get my hopes up to high. But I called and they knew exactly what I was talking about and assured me that they did in fact have gluten free bread.

I've now been to Jason's Deli three times and enjoyed a club sandwich, chicken salad sandwich, and a roast beef sandwich - all delicious! You are not charged any extra for the gluten free bread, and the staff is very careful to prevent cross-contamination.

Best of all? You can finish your fabulous gluten free meal off with complimentary soft serve icecream, yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment