Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Restaurant Reviews: Ruggles Green




I don't know how I'm just now getting around to reviewing Ruggles Green, but for those of you who have never been, it's basically gluten free mecca here in Houston.  You name it- burgers, pizza, pasta, desserts - and they have it gluten free at Ruggles Green.

Not only is nearly everything on the menu gluten free, it is delicious.  The macaroni and cheese is out of this WORLD!  I often use my non-gf husband as a point of comparison, but let me tell you that he completely agrees.  They are also extremely careful with handling the gluten free dishes, so even if you are the most sensitive type of gluten intolerant person, I think you can feel very safe eating at Ruggles Green.







Ruggles Green is not cheap, but not overly expensive.  We often go for a weeknight meal and with two entrees, a couple glasses of wine, and maybe a dessert we never spend more than $50.  It's a really nice, but casual atmosphere great for family meals or a couple's night out.



So many delicious varieties of crispy delicious gluten free pizza!



Yummy burgers, buffalo burgers, turkey burgers, and other sandwiches... all available gluten free!



Fish tacos, salads, pasta and more!

I hope that if you haven't had a chance to go to Ruggles Green, you'll go soon.  It's been such a blessing for me to have a go-to restaurant where there are so many great options to eat and it's just so refreshing for a restaurant to be so understanding and accommodating to gluten free diners.  If you go, please let me know what you think!



3 comments:

  1. When the boyfriend gets leave in April, he's TOTALLY taking me here. He just doesn't know it yet, haha.

    I love your restaurant reviews and stuff, because unlike other blogs I read, I can actually go there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I found your blog because I'm looking for GF options in downtown Houston. I'm from Austin but will be in Houston in early March for a convention and desperately need to find some gf food near the convention center. Ruggles Green seems a little far away. I've got The Lakehouse and Au Bon Pain on my list for places within walking distance. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Korma Sutra (Indian), Vic & Anthony's (steakhouse), t'afia (new American), and Pink's Pizza are all restaurants in (or in the immediate vicinity of) downtown. I think you could get a great gluten free meal at any of them. Vic's is probably the only one of those in close walking distance, but Korma Sutra is not too far.

    I've never been to the Lakehouse, but it seems like all they have are burgers. Au Bon Pain may be ok for snacks, but it's mostly a bakery.

    Let me know if I can help with anything else and I hope you have a great time when you're here!

    ReplyDelete